Friday, May 21, 2010

S3 Ep3 "Further Instructions"

(started 5/21/10 11:15)

I still think that Locke has the potential to Kurtz-out, and am happy the writers have made his character grow a lot beyond the "I'm here for an adventure - don't tell me what I can't do!" mantra from the first episodes of the show. I don't like that they've made him mute suddenly as a result of the hatch imploding.

He decides to turn Eko's church-frame into a sweatlodge and go on a vision quest. People die in those, dude. And his guide is Boone, who still has a bone to pick with him from the beyond. Locke goes looking for Eko. Why hasn't anyone thought of this before now? Bunker goes BOOM - go look for people who are missing from camp. Come on now.

Charlie comes along with him. They encounter Hurley making his way back from the Others, and he tells them about the events of the past few days there. Hurley keeps heading to the beach and finds Desmond, who is disoriented and naked.

Oh come on now - Eko has been detained by a polar bear and taken to a cave. Locke rescues him and the bear runs off into the jungle.

WTF? Indeed.


============

PCL Locke is living in a commune, with a sweatlodge. He picks up Eddie the hitch-hiker who is actually an undercover cop interested in the pot farm. Why would Locke bring him there if they need to be secretive about this endeavor? Oy.

Locke takes Eddie hunting, presumably to kill him and make him into crop fertilizer, but he can't go through with it. This can't be good.

==============

Also, back on the beach, Nikki and Paolo speak up. Who the hell are you? Have you been hanging out there the whole time but waited to season three to say anything? No, we just haven;t been paying attention I guess. Locke knows them.

4 comments:

  1. Nikki and Paolo caused a huge uproar when they spoke up. WFT is right! Who were these people? But I guess you got your wish for some of those 'backgrounders' to speak up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Nikki/Paolo/Who the hell are you?

    Word. We feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going camping for the weekend. I wish I could keep up with this, but I have not internet access. I promise to read your insights when I get back on Sunday. BEFORE watching the series finale which will certainly be recorded. :) Wishing you the best of luck, and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Nikki and Paolo - who the hell are you?" lol

    ReplyDelete