Sunday, May 23, 2010

S6 Ep3 "What Kate Does"

Wow. Awesome.

I love that they're honoring Juliet and her relationship with Sawyer. I felt for Kate for her regret, and her realization that Sawyer was not going with her. Let Sawyer grieve instead on jumping back into things with Kate. Thanks, writers.

The Claire story was interesting on many levels. One surprise is that there actually was (at least in this timeline) a couple waiting to adopt the baby in Los Angeles. Sad that there will be no adoption, but there was a family nonetheless.

Creepy Ethan. Ugh. I know he needs to be there, but, ugh. Did Amy leave with him on the sub or did the island not instantly submerge right away after Juliet hit the bomb?

It was also interesting he gave his name as Goodspeed. Was Rom just a lie, because why would he? Maybe Rom was one of the Others who "adopted" him in a way. No matter, it’s still Creepy Ethan. "I don't want to stick you with needles if I don't have to." Ha!

The other interesting part of Claire's story is what it makes me think of Rousseau. I wonder if her team was never sick. Maybe it was Rousseau who was sick all along. It would explain why the Others wanted to kill her. I'm not sure what it means for anything else, though, or how it would have happened. Of course, all this assumes Dogan was telling Jack the truth, and I will never give an Other the benefit of that doubt. I'd still like to think that Claire can be reunited with Aaron and saved.

Loved seeing Aldo again, even if he did get shot.

Josh Holloway killed me. Killed me!

3 comments:

  1. This ep is (in my opinion, which I know is not universally shared) the nadir of S6, so I think you'll like the season overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and it actually looks like you might make it through!!! There are about 9 hours of show left pre-finale for you to roll through. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ethan was Horace Goodspeed's kid. The other last name was a fake.

    ReplyDelete