Sunday, May 23, 2010

S6 Ep17 "The End"

It's over.

Not quite "Six Feet Under" and not exactly "St Elsewhere" but I did get emotional closure from these people I very recently came to care about.

My take on it:

The events on the island happened. The island was not hell, the island was not purgatory.

The LA-timeline was a sort of purgatory. More like a waiting room for everyone who showed up, whenever they showed up. To take their trip into the beyond.

Kind of like in Titanic, how it took Rose forevvvvvvvvvvver to die but they were all there waiting for her when she finally did pass on.

I don't think that Aaron died as a baby or anything, it's just that's how Jack expected him to look - and this is following Jack, after all.

It reminds me of something said by the priest at my great grandmother's funeral. She was in her 80s when she passed away, but he told us that when we see her in the kingdom of heaven we may not know her immediately on sight because she will appear as she appeared in her heart. She may be a young girl and those of us who only knew her after she was aged will know her when she approaches us to greet us in welcome.

=============

Nice touches:

"Desmond will be okay." Yeah, he'd better be. I DEMAND that Des & Pen lived a long life together.

Jack sees the shoe in the tree. It is much more worn out than when we first saw it. Much time has passed since the plane crash.

Ben and Locke's scene outside of the church was an excellent wrap up to their dynamic.
"Well if it helps Ben, I forgive you."
"Thank you John that does help. It matters more than I can say."

And the dog. Vincent was the first thing Jack saw when he opened his eyes on the island, and he was there when he closed them. I had to put a pillow over my face I was sobbing so hard.

============

This has been an interesting experience and I cannot wait to go back and do it again at a more leisurely pace with the hub-unit.

I can't wait to go through it together.

Moving on.

14 comments:

  1. I am in absolute awe of you. Namaste. I loved the finale as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been an absolute joy getting to relive this amazing series through your eyes. The finale moved me as well. Thank you for doing this. It was fantastic to follow along on your journey.

    ~J. Carey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your blog these last few days...it made my preparation for the finale that much more exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this more than you can imagine - thanks for sharing your experience with us

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good observations Kris. Now a day to decompress and recharge.

    Congratulation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. terrible ass ending for a terrible ass show. im pretty sure the writers were on crack. thank god its over

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your blog, i couldn't stop reading it today. I enjoyed seeing the show again through your eyes. Can't wait to talk to you about your experience. Lost will be a truly memorable show for me, and i am sure for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just finished watching the ending. Wow. Just wow. I cried so hard and I'm kind of pissed, too. Thanks so much for your blog. I read the whole thing before watching last night and had to come back here to see your take on the finale after I finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just watched 'The End' again - and hard to believe it was even more heart wrenching knowing what it all meant.

    Sort of like when watching the 6th Sense for the second time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bravo! Had to come read your comments as soon as I finished 'The End'. Thanks for adding to my Lost experience. It was a great ride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Remember the line in _The Breakfast Club_? "You're mom and my mom should go bowling." Well, girl, we could totally go bowling or have coffee or lip synch to Depeche Mode or something any day! I loved reading this! I'm still digesting the series after all this time, and this has helped some. I just wish I could have read it all before the finale. But the finale was the same weekend as the 20th high school (well, 21st, long story) reunion, so I had to put off reading this until later, then research I needed to do and a paper to look over, well... you get the point. In fact, I had to hurry back from the reunion to a LOST party and watch the durned thing tired, which was something of a bummer. I didn't shed a tear through the whole thing partly due to fatigue and partly because I had to "figger" it all out. But I've shed many since, especially last night (while reading an extensive recap and purposefully listening to some sad Apocalyptica).

    Anyway, I loved going on this journey with you (albeit a little late) and some friends who told me about it whose posts I loved seeing. What I want to say, fundamentally, is THANK YOU for this.

    C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. If you guys are still reading, hey Wes and Roxy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's not over....not just yet....

    I present to you: "The New Man In Charge"

    http://lost.tvhatch.com/video/204

    ReplyDelete