Sunday, May 23, 2010

Technical Difficulties - Please Stand By

I feel the need to post a non-episode-related entry in explanation of the last few hours in my world.

At 2am I was going to hit the hay for a few hours when I started having computer issues as well as loading issues with the blogging website. Decided it best to stay awake and let the hub-unit sleep peacefully. My swearing in the livingroom notwithstanding. Continued watching the shows on netflix and making notes on an electronic document. I planned on chugging through until I finished season 5 and then get some sleep.

Somewhere around 6 am the laptop I had been working on this WHOLE time got glitchy and took a dump on me.

It's the one computer where I don't have my electronic documents hooked into our network.

I am not technical; I'm an H/R paper-pusher. The hub-unit is my networking and software genius/guru.

So I kind of freaked out at the idea that I lost all my notes and would have to relive the past hours to duplicate all my efforts. Ironic, right?

Hub-unit is a hero. He woke up, made coffee for himself and set to work. He retrieved the work and got a crash course in how to post a blog.

He's the one deserving credit for keeping me on track and sane the past few hours. I think I will keep him. :)

=================

I haven't been reading any of the comments on the entries. I don't want to get sidetracked. I did it early on and discovered I can't roll that way.

I do want to acknowledge that there are people out there interested in this silly project. THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!!! And thanks to Jamie Clay for keeping me sane in the virtual world this whole time. What a cheerleader.

I will finish this tonight and look forward to being able to actually discuss things. I've been alone in this. The hub-unit has not watched along with me, so I haven't been able to bounce theories off him, like we do with every other show we watch. He knows he's going to watch this though, at his pace. And I can't wait.

He is totally capable of taking my words and not looking at them while he fixed my posts. Mr. Compartmentalization. But he has had to listen to my outbursts and ravings (I'm on headphones) and he has said he can't wait until he knows what in the hell I'm talking about.

That said, I'm back to paying attention to the last season. Just wanted to take a minute to let you all know I didn't fall down the rabbit-hole entirely.

Namaste.

~Kris Strange

===============

Edited to add:

I realize the last few entries focus a lot on relationship storylines rather than the mindblowing holy crap-ness. In the rewriting/reposting of entries I did have to truncate a bit. There are also episodes from waaaay back where I had theories still too jumbled to adequately write them down without sounding like a complete blithering fool. I'd love to revisit that at some point too, but I'm afraid I'll get too caught up in "what I know now" that it has colored my oringinal thinking too much.

This is all such a mindwalk!

I am not web-girl but it might be cool to enable some kind of chat somewhere down the line to virtually discuss this with people. I'd like that a lot. It will help with my decompressing after all this is over.

~ks

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rah Rah! So great you have such a supportive hub-unit!

    You're closing in on the finish line!

    ReplyDelete